Comment on page
Creating Instagram videos
This new feature allows you to create square videos which is the native format for your Instagram feed; however these videos can easily be downloaded and used elsewhere.
To get started, open the Catalog Manager and go to Catalog > Releases. Then choose a release from your list and click "Generate Instagram Video". A form will popup with your default clip settings pre-filled into the form.
By default we include all tracks from the release. This will create a separate video for every track in the list. If you only want to generate a video for certain tracks, remove all the other tracks from the list before submitting the form.
You can either click "Submit" right away to put your request into the Transcoder Queue or you can modify the settings to your liking/ before submitting.
Typically these videos take only a few minutes to be processed and ready, but this is dependent on how busy the transcoding processor is.
Once your video creation request has been added to the queue, you can monitor its progress by going to Catalog > Transcoder
Once the encoder finishes creating your video, you should receive an email with a link to the video. The link will point to a Files page that allows you to preview, download, or save to dropbox.
The following is tested and works on Android and IOS devices, not on desktop.
There are several ways you can go about getting your video onto Instagram. This is currently a somewhat manual process because Instagram does not have an open API for doing direct posts to your account.
The work-around here, is to save the video to your mobile device.
PRO TIP: Use a Dropbox.com or Google Drive account to conserve space on your device.
Steps for posting:
- 1.Generate your video using LabelGrid
- 2.Wait for the encoder to create your video
- 3.You should get an email with additional instructions
- 4.Click the link inside the email, and then either download the video to your phone or save to your Dropbox.com or Google Drive account.
- 5.Tap the file (either in your inbox or in your device's files), then tap "Export" and export the video to Instagram. This works for both Instagram Stories and Instagram Feed, but you have to do each one separately.
- 6.The video will load up into your Instagram app, after which you can apply filters, change clip settings, etc.
The pre-filled options can be changed in your label settings.